Back to search results
Ports Celebrate 100 Years
May 1, 2010
through May 31, 2010
The Port of Alsea, along with its sister ports, Port of Newport and Port of Toledo, turns 100 in May, 2010! Stay tuned for details on our one hundred year birthday party.
PORT OF ALSEA
CRAB DERBY & PRIZE RAFFLE RULES
1. The 2012 Crab Derby begins September 8th at dawn and ends at 7 p.m. on Saturday, September 22.
2. There are two ways to win: Purchase of one $10 ticket automatically enters the purchaser into the prize raffle and the crab derby, should the purchaser catch a tagged crab. It is not necessary to participate in the crab derby to be entered to win in the prize raffle. There will be two separate drawings at 7 p.m. on September 22nd: one for the prize raffle, and one for the Crab Derby cash prizes. To be eligible for a cash prize a tag shall be returned in the Derby envelope to the Port Office prior to 7 p.m. on September 22nd. Should an individual catch more than one crab, a separate envelope per tag has to be purchased in order for the extra tags to be entered into the cash prize drawing. Only those with a valid shellfish license shall be eligible. Each tag will be registered on the date it is taken to the Port Office, 365A Port Street, Waldport, Oregon.
3. The Crab Derby is open only to individuals who use recreational crabbing gear. Commercial crabbers and all divers are excluded from participation in the Crab Derby. The method of taking a crab and all Crab Derby tags are subject to verification. Port of Alsea Commission members and their immediate family members, and their employees are not eligible to win prizes. You do not need to be present to win.
4. The winning Derby tags for the cash prizes will be selected in a blind drawing at 7 p.m. on September 22. The winning prize raffle tickets will be selected in a separate blind drawing at 7 p.m. on September 22. To the holder of the first tag drawn a prize of $500 in cash will be awarded, the second tag drawn a prize of $300 and to the third tag drawn there will be a prize of $200.
5. By accepting any prize or reward, a derby participant agrees to allow the use of their name and picture in advertising and press releases by the Port of Alsea.
6. There is a limit on the number of crab each person may catch each day. There is also a size limit - and only male crab may be kept. The laws concerning crabbing are available at the businesses that sell or rent crabbing supplies and the Port Office. The state also requires a Shellfish License for taking crab in Oregon. Following the game laws will ensure our habitat of a renewable resource for years to come.
PORT OF ALSEA CRAB DERBY
PRIZE RAFFLE LIST
Prize Donated by
A night for 2 at the Fireside Motel The Fireside
Boat Rental Package McKinley’s Marina
A guided salmon trip Grant’s NW Guide Service
Crabbing/Clamming Gear C&K Market
Guided Kayak Tour Waldport Kayak Shack
Annual Launch Pass & more Port of Alsea
Lunch/Dinner at the Salty Dawg The Salty Dawg
Gift Package Waldport Liquor
Gift Certificate Grand Central Pizza
How to Crab & Clam on John A. Johnson
The Oregon Coast
BBQ Dinner for Two Lazy Days Café
Hot Dogs for Two
Crab Shaped Pasta The Copper Crab
Crab Package (boat, rings, etc.) Dock of the Bay Marina
Child Fishing Gear Waldport Ace Hardware
And More to Come!